RG FIBER is driven to provide fast, affordable, and reliable fiber-based internet with neighborly customer service to the millions of Americans who chose to live, learn, work, and play in small communities. In order to meet that service promise, RG FIBER is looking for a motivated network engineer to help grow and improve RG FIBER’s software driven network. The ideal candidate will assist in the day-to-day operations and support of RG FIBER’s world-class network by participating in configuration, deployment, maintenance, and support of core networking equipment and services, cloud and data center infrastructure, and supporting the RG FIBER customer base. Teamwork, organizational skills, and flexibility are crucial attributes to bring to this position, as well as a desire to provide top-tier customer service to help make RG FIBER the most loved internet service provider.
- Participates in configurations, implementation, and support of all network systems.
- Participates in incident management, asset management, and change management.
- Manages, configures, and implements routers, switches, firewalls, wireless, and other network systems and services.
- Work outside of normal business hours when required (scheduled maintenance, outage response) and participates in on-call rotation.
- Documents and maintains network and infrastructure physical and logical diagrams.
- Participates in, and assists with, network design discussions and implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience implementing and supporting routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, and MPLS.
- Strong knowledge of Layer 2 network services including VLAN and STP.
- Strong knowledge of 802.11 WLAN infrastructure deployment and troubleshooting
- Network services including DNS, DHCP, SNMP, HTTP/HTTPS, QoS, and SSL.
- Experience implementing and troubleshooting VOIP and WLAN networks.
- Experience with optical networking and wave division multiplexing are a plus.
- Experience with network diagnostic applications (i.e. Wireshark, TCPDump, etc.).
- Cloud and Datacenter Infrastructure Operating Systems including Linux Servers.
- Experience with consumer operating systems and networking (Windows, OS X, Android, iOS).
- Technical and/or industry certifications are a plus.
- Experience required ( at least 4 or 5 years experience)
- Must be able to hear and have visual acuity including close vision
- Ability to lift 70+ lbs
- Must be able to walk, stoop, kneel, bend, crawl, and move through a job site
- High School Diploma/GED
- Technical, analytical and interpersonal skills required
- Self-motivation and the ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to manage several concurrent tasks and priorities
- A valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record within company-required standards.
- Requires 24x7x365 support so candidates must be able to support flexible hours
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to develop competency in new technologies as required